Saturday, May 22, 2010

the next chapter

Long time without a blog...so here's the latest news.

I've been given the opportunity to go abroad for an internship in Nicaragua this summer. I will be working in northern Nicaragua, with an organization that assists in communities with health issues. Hopefully I'll get some experience with sanitation and hygiene education, as well as working with water resource management -- perhaps digging wells, securing safe water, building latrines to protect the groundwater, etc. We shall see. I'm being told by the organization I'm going with that everything must be flexible in Nicaragua...so, we may plan for something, but that never guarantees it will come to fruition. That's obviously the case for every development project I would assume...

So, this means I've resigned from my job -- my last day is in less than two weeks, and I fly out the next day. Its all very exciting. I must say, with all the arrangements and such, this has been an incredibly smooth process, and every step of it has been good. I don't feel much resistance or difficulty at all, which reassures me that this is the right decision for me. Its a truly great feeling of peace, to know that I am making a major life change and I feel totally confident that it is the right choice. Especially for someone as indecisive as myself, this has been an amazing blessing for me. Oh - and I did end up getting that scholarship :)

I will do my best to update this blog with news of my latest adventures, so be sure to check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment